We take the protection of privacy seriously and this statement outlines the policies.
How we Collect Information
Our company and its related companies collect information
- from the use of its web sites
- from application forms
- from use of its connectivity services
- from use of its proxies
- from resellers and affiliates
- from third parties
- where legally required to do so
We may combine information with that available from third parties or public sources. You may not purchase or use our services anonymously, you must provide correct and accurate contact details, and details of the legal entity such as ABN and or ACN may also be required subject to country or location.
We do not collect information on children under 18 years of age.
How we use Private Information
We use private information to
- Identify you for permission to access our services
- Provide you with invoices
- Gain an understanding of your needs in relation to our service and potential services
- Check for credit worthiness or fraud
- Contact you where necessary in relation to your use of our services
- Provide news letters and outage and other notifications
- Marketing purposes
- Test and develop our services and systems
- Management purposes
- Research purposes
Cookies are used to identify you to our web servers. This information can then be used to customise the web site or set preferences for you. This information is collected and used for internal marketing purposes.
How we Share Information
We do not sell your information to third parties but may share it with related companies as defined by the National Privacy Act. We may also share statistical information with third parties without disclosing individual details, unless those details are necessary for fulfilling a service order you have requested, for example a carriage service or a domain name contract.
We may disclose details to, and collect details from, credit or fraud agencies, or debt recovery agencies for verification purposes, or for debt reporting or collection purposes.
We may also disclose details about you to
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- organisation involved in sale or transfer of our assets or managing corporate risk and corporate funding
Security and Accuracy of your Information
We take reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse, loss, and from unauthorised access.
All staff are instructed not to disclose private information to anyone. We take security very seriously and have state of the art systems to ensure security of all information.
We attempt to keep all information up to date but we rely on you to inform us of any changes of your details.
Access to your Information
You can request specific details of information we have about you or copies of the actual information by writing to
Zone-8.com Pty Ltd
PO Box 107
Doonside NSW 2767
We may charge you a handling and materials fee.
Removal of your Information
You may request in writing that certain information about you is removed, which we will comply with, provided that information is not necessary for tax purposes or to identify you or for contractual reasons. We will not consider requests to alter or remove statistical information. We can not prevent our web servers from issuing cookies, it is your responsibility to refuse acceptance of these cookies if you so wish.